During this summer, David decided as part of his personal project to photograph dogs in water. Unfortunately our little shih tzu, Gizmo, hates the water, so we put out an announcement about his project. We had many people who loved this idea and volunteered their dogs and/or pools.
David volunteered his time for almost 3 months to complete these sessions, and traveled all over the state of New Jersey and parts of Pennsylvania to capture these furry loving animals enjoying the water. David photographed a total of 16 dogs in various settings, including the pool, lake, stream in the woods, and the bay. All of the dogs varied in breed and size, and ranged from 9-months to 14-years-old.
Not only did we want to capture the dogs enjoying their time in the water and have parents to enjoy photos of their furbabies, we also wanted to make this part of a charity project. So, we decided to create a calendar for sale and feature these amazing animals, and spread fun and joyful photos further out to the community!
All of the proceeds from the calendar will be donated to the American Cancer Society. The American Cancer Society is an important organization and fighting this disease is very personal to us, as Amy’s mother and David’s father had both passed away from breast and rectal cancer, respectively.
From now until Friday, October 25th, we’re holding a photo contest to vote for your favorite dog photo(s)! The owners with the top 6 dog photos will get to choose which month they would like their dog to be featured, and we will pick the remaining 6 dog photos for the remaining months.
The collected donations will be provided to The American Cancer Society on December 31, 2013.
Project Water Dog Photo Contest (Now until Friday, October 25, 2013)
1. Visit our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/dlauphoto)
2. Like your favorite photo(s)
3. Spread the word to your family and friends!
See below further for the Rules and Regulations.
Stay tuned in approximately 1 week for how to order a calendar!
We want to thank all of our clients and friends who volunteered their dogs and pools for this personal project. Without your support, this would not have been possible.
Photo Contest Rules and Regulations
- The top 6 dog photos will be selected by the community. The remaining 6 dog photos will be selected by David and Amy and can not be changed.
- Each dog can only be featured twice in the calendar. Therefore, if the top 3-4 photos are of the same dog, then David and Amy will select the 2 photos with the highest number of likes, or select the photos if there are any ties.
- Photos included in the contest have been selected by David and Amy, and can not be changed.
- The contest will end at 9pm EST on Friday, October 25th, based on David and Amy. A screenshot will be captured at that time with the number of final “Likes”.
- In the unlikely event there would be a tie for any of the top 6 dog photos, David and Amy will select the order of the winners.
- Calendar will crop each dog photo in a square layout for each month.
- If any Facebook issues arise beyond our control during this contest, we will have to declare a mistrial and redo the contest in a different route
- Please, no cheating (i.e. creating fake Facebook accounts). Any signs of cheating will result in disqualification
- Remember, this is a friendly contest! No drama please, we love all of the dogs in these photos, and that’s why we’re having this contest!